All you need to know about the Agenda & Speakers
Organized by Market Solutions Events Management (MS Events), in partnership with the Cybersecurity Council of UAE and with the support of Dubai Electronic Security Center, The 6th Edition of the Cyber Security Innovation Series and Awards is taking place at The Meydan Hotel in Dubai on June 6 & 7, 2023. This prominent event aims to explore the cutting-edge realm of next-generation cybersecurity in the digital era.
Dr. Mohammed Al Kuwaiti, the Head of Cybersecurity for the United Arab Emirates government, stated that the future of cybersecurity lies in the ability to understand and confront evolving threats and technological advancements to create an advanced and secure cyber environment.
He added that in 2022, the cost of global cybercrime exceeded 6 trillion dollars, doubling over five years, and it is expected that damages resulting from internet crimes will surpass 10.5 trillion dollars globally by 2023. Furthermore, ransomware attacks increased by 311% in the past year, highlighting the growing sophistication of attackers. He emphasized that approximately 95% of information security breaches are the result of human errors, underscoring the importance of employee awareness and training.
“We are thrilled to host the Cyber Security Innovation Series and Awards in Dubai,” said Emirati architect and entrepreneur Madiha Salem, CEO & Founder of MS Events. “This event will bring together leading experts, government officials, and industry professionals to discuss the latest trends and strategies in cybersecurity. We believe that by fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing, we can collectively shape the future of cyber defence in the digital era.”
The event is featuring an engaging agenda filled with thought-provoking keynotes, insightful panel discussions, and networking opportunities. Attendees are enjoying the chance to connect with industry experts and thought leaders, gaining valuable knowledge and insights into the latest trends, challenges, and strategies in the cybersecurity landscape.
The first day of the conference, June 6, kicked off, by welcome remarks from MS Events and the day was packed with engaging sessions, including VIP keynotes, thought leadership speeches, panel discussions, and informative keynotes by industry experts. Ayesha Almarzooqi, Permits Section Head, Dubai Electronic Security Center delivered the opening keynote titled: “From policies to certifications to harmonization”.
Highlights from the first day of the conference include:
Biju Hameed, Head of Technology Infrastructure Operations at Dubai Airports, delivered a VIP keynote on best practices for developing a comprehensive security strategy plan, emphasizing the importance of consistent strategic planning, innovative practices, and effective communication to stakeholders.
Song Haibin, Chief Security Officer, Huawei Cloud Europe, presented a thought leadership keynote on redefining cloud security governance in the digital era, addressing the challenges on cloud security governance, and introducing 3CS (Cloud Service Cybersecurity & Compliance Standard) as a Unified Compliance tool for overall cloud security governance.
Ahmed Sherif, Senior IT Support Engineer & Cloud Solutions Expert, Government Entity moderated a panel discussion on key strategies for protecting critical resources and ensuring cyber defence in the cloud. The panellists were: Adel Alhosani, CISO & Information Security Senior Manager at Dubai Customs, Dr. Ebrahim Al Alkeem Al Zaabi, Digital Transformation expert, Director at the Government of Abu Dhabi; Mohamed Al Maleki, Senior Information Security Specialist at the Federal Tax Authority, and Ashraf Esmat Khalil, Senior Solution Architect at Huawei Middle East and Central Asia.
The second day of the conference, June 7, will begin with a VIP Majlis hosted by Huawei, followed by opening remarks from MS Events. Keynotes and panel discussions will continue to explore critical cybersecurity topics, including ransomware response, governance, risk management, compliance, and the future of cybersecurity.
Highlights from the second day of the conference include:
H.E. Dr. Mohamed Al-Kuwaiti, Head of Cybersecurity at the UAE Government, will deliver a VIP keynote address on cybersecurity predictions and best practices for 2023-2024, providing valuable insights into the future of cybersecurity in the digital age. Followed by the Cybersecurity innovation awards ceremony, recognizing exceptional achievements in the field of cybersecurity.
Dubai Electronic Security Center will launch a Huawei cloud security whitepaper, and, Dr. Alyosius Cheang, Huawei Middle East & Central Asia Chief Security Officer, will deliver a thought leadership keynote on the cybersecurity playbook in the digital era, sharing strategic insights and best practices to safeguard the journey to the Cyberverse.
Throughout the conference, attendees will have ample networking opportunities during coffee breaks and lunch sessions, allowing them to connect with peers, industry experts, and solution providers.
The event features esteemed speakers who are experts in the field of cybersecurity and digital transformation, including:
- H.E. Dr. Mohamed Al-Kuwaiti, Head of Cybersecurity, UAE Government
- Dr. Alyosius Cheang, Chief Security Officer at Huawei Middle East & Central Asia
- Ayesha Almarzooqi, Permits Section Head, Dubai Electronic Security Center
- Colonel Dr. Eng Ibrahim Humaid AlMayahi, Director of Smart Services & Digital Security, Ministry of Interior
- Dr. Ebrahim Al Alkeem Al Zaabi, Digital Transformation – Cyber Security – Artificial Intelligence expert, Director, Government of Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Wazira Bawazir, Abu Dhabi Quality and Conformity Council
- Adel Alhosani, CISO & Information Security Senior Manager, Dubai Customs
- Biju Hameed, Head- Technology Infrastructure Operations, Dubai Airports
- Mohamed Al Maleki, Senior Information Security Specialist, Federal Tax Authority
- Khurram Sabir, Chief Internal Auditor and Chief Risk Officer, General Pension and Social Security Authority
- Akhtar Ali, Head of IT Section, Fujairah Natural Resources Corporation
- Song Haibin, Chief Security Officer, Huawei Cloud Europe
- Ashraf Esmat Khalil, Senior Solution Architect, Huawei Middle East & Central AsiaHussein Shafik Bahgat, Group Chief Information Security and Privacy Officer, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Somnath Sarkar, CISO – Group Head of Information Security, Mashreq Bank
- Faheem Siddiq, Director, Information Security, Majid Al Futtaim
- Zain Ur Rehman, Head of Information Security Compliance & Governance, Nawah Energy Company
- Shafiullah Ismail, Vice President – Cyber Security & Architecture. Governance & Risk, Mubadala Capital
- Neeraj Sharma, Senior Product Manager, Enterprise Business Group, Huawei UAE
- Maher Yamout, Senior Security Researcher, Kaspersky
- Mahmoud Yassin, Head of IT Infrastructure and Security United Arab Bank
- Zaheer Mubarak Shaikh, Chief Information Security Officer, Al Maryah Community Bank
- Dr. Hossam Elshenraki, Associate Professor of criminal investigation, Dubai Police Academy
- Mariam Alhammadi, SOC manager, Ministry of Interior
- Vishal Vijaykumar Bhawnani, Head of Cyber Security, Virgin Mobile UAE
- Mohammad Faheem, Cyber Security Lead, Chalhoub Group
- Dr. Nachaat Mohamed, Assistant Professor – Cybersecurity, Rabdan Academy
- Mohammed Al Nabtiti, PMO and Governance Manager, Bee’ah
About MS Events:
Market Solutions Events Management (MS Events) is a leading event management company dedicated to organizing high-quality, impactful events across various industries. With a focus on delivering exceptional experiences and fostering meaningful connections, MS Events strives to create platforms that enable professionals to exchange knowledge, explore innovative ideas, and shape the future of their respective fields.